Ireland and Northern Ireland, two countries
Facts about Ireland:
Ireland is called Éire in Irish and is also known as the Republic of Ireland.
Ireland covers five-sixths of the island of the same name, the remaining one-sixth of the island is Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom.
Irish, or Irish Gaelic is the country’s first official language, however the second official language English is more commonly spoken.
There are over 4.75 million people living in Ireland as of July 2013.
The Irish capital, Dublin is home to over one quarter of the total population.
Other Irish cities of note include Cork, Limerick and Galway.
Irish novelists have made major contributions to world literature. Famous writers include Jonathan Swift – Gulliver’s Travels, Bram Stoker – Dracula and James Joyce – Ulysses.
Ireland has won the Eurovision Song Contest a record seven times.
Ireland was one of the initial 12 European Union nations that began using the euro currency in 2002.
Saint Patrick’s Day is Irelands official national holiday. The 17th of March holiday is celebrated in Ireland and also embraced by many other countries around the world.
At the Olympics, boxing is Ireland’s most successful sport.
Shamrock (type of clover) is the national symbol of Ireland and along with the harp it is a registered trademark of the country.
Treasure hunt- Class login: gate456.se , password Engelska
Present a Pokémon
Kan du klockan på engelska?
What time is it?
Vi skriver dikter på engelska.
V. 17 + 18
Look after your mobile!
I´ve got mail.
- Läs texten (du har fått kopia och bild finns här nedan).
- Lyssna på texten.
- Öva på glosorna (du har fått ett papper på vilka glosor ni har).
- Till Linnéa.
- Läs dialogen och öva extra på de inringade fraserna.
- Läs sidan ur boken “Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix.”
- Öva på glosorna från texten.
Me and my pet
3) Now is the time for you to write your script! Decide if you want to write about a pet you have, or that you had, or that you wish you had.
Name, appearance/ look, age, how long, a typical day, favorite place, place of sleep, favorite foods, pros and cons, what to do …
4) Decide if you want to take a picture of the pet, or if you want to film and talk on the film. The easiest way to record is with a phone or computer/ tablet. If you want to lend you can borrow a camera from the school.
(Apps: Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.xvideostudio.videoeditor (Manfred can teach you!)
Apple: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.videofx ( Louise can teach you!)
5) Last but not least: Report to the class. Either you present your movie and run it, or show us your photo and tell us about the animal IRL.
Good luck! =D